Fw: huawei signal info patch by Dan

Mats Berndtsson matsgmxli at outlook.com
Thu Dec 8 06:15:33 UTC 2016

forward to list

On Wed, 2016-12-07 at 08:04 +0000, Mats Berndtsson wrote:
> Den 6 dec. 2016 6:53 em skrev Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com>:
> >

> > On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 13:19 +0000, Mats Berndtsson wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > sorry for some basic building related questions...
> > >
> > > i would like to test the patch from 8/31/16 with extended signal
> > > quality monitoring for huawei (by Dan Williams)
> > >

> > > i git-cloned the source, but there is no configure script in
> > > there,
> > > can i copy the script from the latest release ? , (don't know how
> > > build without one)
> >
> > You can run autogen.sh with the same arguments you'd give to
> > configure.
> >  That will generate 'configure' from the configure.ac template and
> > then
> > run configure.  So you just need something like:
> >
> > ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
> > <wait a bit>
> > make
> >

> > > when willl this patch be included in a release ?
> > >

> > > would it be possible to patch 1.6.4 using this patch or will it
> > > only
> > > work on trunk ?
> >
> > I've cherry-picked that and other signal-related stuff (+CESQ
> > support)
> > to the dcbw/mm-1-6-signal branch.  We'll see what Aleksander says
> > about
> > merging that to MM 1.6.  In the mean time, can you try it out?
> >
> > git checkout dcbw/mm-1-6-signal
> > ./autogen.sh <with appropriate args you'd pass to configure>
> > make
> >
> > Dan
>
> Thanks, it did build now , but mm dies shortly after start. I'll have
> a look at why in the next couple of days.

Yeah, odd.  I just tested with a Huawei and a non-Huawei and couldn't
get it to crash.  I didn't test with a non-Huawei that supports +CESQ
though.  If you can get a backtrace, that would be nice...

Dan

I suppose this was a dep and/or setup issue.
i upgraded all nm and mm related packages to latest release
( as of raspbian "testing" release ) did a new configure+build+install and now it works :thumbsup:

some command output:
----
Cpi at plutten:~ $ mmcli -m 0

/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0 (device id '5b01e22f7e93ec113d118bf7f3b5c64ad50a4a5a')
  -------------------------
  Hardware |   manufacturer: 'huawei'
           |          model: 'E3276'
           |       revision: '21.436.03.00.00'
           |      supported: 'gsm-umts'
           |        current: 'gsm-umts'
           |   equipment id: '863781016367436'
  -------------------------
  System   |         device: '/sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4'
           |        drivers: 'huawei_cdc_ncm, option1'
           |         plugin: 'Huawei'
           |   primary port: 'cdc-wdm0'
           |          ports: 'ttyUSB0 (at), ttyUSB1 (at), cdc-wdm0 (at), wwan0 (net)'
  -------------------------
  Numbers  |           own : 'unknown'
  -------------------------
  Status   |           lock: 'none'
           | unlock retries: 'sim-pin (3), sim-pin2 (3), sim-puk (10), sim-puk2 (10)'
           |          state: 'connected'
           |    power state: 'on'
           |    access tech: 'lte'
           | signal quality: '54' (recent)
  -------------------------
  Modes    |      supported: 'allowed: 2g; preferred: none
           |                  allowed: 3g; preferred: none
           |                  allowed: 4g; preferred: none
           |                  allowed: 2g, 3g, 4g; preferred: none'
           |        current: 'allowed: 2g, 3g, 4g; preferred: none'
  -------------------------
  Bands    |      supported: 'unknown'
           |        current: 'unknown'
           |   registration: 'home'
  -------------------------
  SIM      |           path: '/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SIM/0'

  -------------------------
  Bearers  |          paths: '/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/0'
----
pi at plutten:~ $ sudo mmcli -m 0 --signal-setup=5
Successfully setup extended signal information retrieval
pi at plutten:~ $ sudo mmcli -m 0 --signal-get

/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0
  -------------------------
  Refresh rate: '5' seconds
  -------------------------
  LTE    | RSSI: '-79.00' dBm
         | RSRQ: '-14.00' dB
         | RSRP: '-110.00' dBm
         |  SNR: '-4.00' dB

pi at plutten:~ $ sudo busctl monitor org.freedesktop.ModemManager1
> Type=signal  Endian=l  Flags=1  Version=1  Priority=0 Cookie=2
  Sender=org.freedesktop.DBus  Destination=:1.19  Path=/org/freedesktop/DBus  Interface=org.freedesktop.DBus  Member=NameAcquired
  MESSAGE "s" {
        STRING ":1.19";
  };

> Type=signal  Endian=l  Flags=1  Version=1  Priority=0 Cookie=444
  Sender=:1.3  Path=/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0  Interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties  Member=PropertiesChanged
  UniqueName=:1.3
  MESSAGE "sa{sv}as" {
        STRING "org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Signal";
        ARRAY "{sv}" {
                DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                        STRING "Lte";
                        VARIANT "a{sv}" {
                                ARRAY "{sv}" {
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rssi";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -78;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rsrp";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -110;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rsrq";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -14;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "snr";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -4;
                                                };
                                        };
                                };
                        };
                };
        };
        ARRAY "s" {
        };
  };

> Type=signal  Endian=l  Flags=1  Version=1  Priority=0 Cookie=445
  Sender=:1.3  Path=/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0  Interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties  Member=PropertiesChanged
  UniqueName=:1.3
  MESSAGE "sa{sv}as" {
        STRING "org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Signal";
        ARRAY "{sv}" {
                DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                        STRING "Lte";
                        VARIANT "a{sv}" {
                                ARRAY "{sv}" {
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rssi";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -79;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rsrp";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -110;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "rsrq";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -14;
                                                };
                                        };
                                        DICT_ENTRY "sv" {
                                                STRING "snr";
                                                VARIANT "d" {
                                                        DOUBLE -5;
                                                };
                                        };
                                };
                        };
                };
        };
        ARRAY "s" {
        };
  };

Anything else you Would like me to try out ?