Question about resetting ModemManager SIM data.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 07:53:15 PST 2016

On Wed, 2016-01-06 at 15:03 +0100, Troels Olesen wrote:
> Hi ModemManager developers.
>
> My situation is this. I have a Sierra MC7710 Modem,
> that is connected to a external SIM card switcher.
>
> I can switch the SIM card when the modem is in low-power state.
> But when i return the modem to high-power state after the switch,
> the SIM data stored by ModemManager is not changed.
>
> Is there some way i can force an reinitialization of the SIM card
> data?

Does the modem give any unsolicited indication of the SIM switch?  Can
you run MM with --debug and see what QMI notifications, if any, are
emitted while in the low-power state when you switch the SIM?  If we
can get an indication of the switch, then we could trigger a re-init of
the SIM information.

It's also possible that we haven't enabled the right QMI notifications,
so you might get nothing, but that doesn't meant the modem couldn't
send something if we toggled the right message.

Dan