Python sample to send SMS

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Sun Jan 10 12:25:22 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a Python example/sample/snippet to send an SMS message
to a mobile phone.

All I can find is older code that uses EnumerateDevices() method.

    e.g.
https://github.com/miurahr/ModemManager/blob/master/test/mm-send-sms.py

which appears to be old and obsolete, and not supported on my system
(Debian Jessie, modemmanager v 1.4).

I've read some of the ModemManager and DBus docs (not that easy going).
All I can work out is that the API is now more generic but I can't find
the right set of methods to use.  e.g. to get a list of modems.

Is there an equivalent to the sample above?

Thanks,
Brendan.