SMS receive behaviour

Highland, Glenn Glenn.Highland at digi.com
Fri Jan 22 13:10:32 PST 2016

From: Daniel [mailto:danielvaz at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:49 PM
To: Aleksander Morgado
Cc: Highland, Glenn; modemmanager-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: SMS receive behaviour

Add the patch yourself on top of your version? ;) Anyway, 1.4.12 is a
stable update of the same 1.4.x series, you shouldn't have compatibilty
problems if using the latest one.

I am using it in an embedded device and I need to request the supplier a new version of ModemManager, that is the reason that I ask if there would be a workaround, for example send the AT command that enables the secondary channel via dbus.
Btw, I ask the supplier for a new ModemManager version.

[>] I don’t think that’s quite possible – the AT commands can’t be sent to the modem via DBus.  ModemManager sends them during its set-up/initialization after the modem is discovered.  You can send AT commands to the modem through mmcli but only when ModemManager is run in debug mode.
Thank you.

--
Daniel Vaz