Prevent MM from probing serial port

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Jul 14 19:47:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM, matthew stanger <stangerm2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way from keep MM from probing the serial port?

We maintain a blacklist of serial USB devices that MM shouldn't probe
as udev tags, see:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules
Basically, if you tag the device with ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE=1,
ModemManager will ignore the device. This is far from ideal, but it's
the only solution implemented for now.

For RS232<->USB adapters, we keep a separate greylist, given that we
want those to be probed on "manually requested" scans:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/77-mm-usb-serial-adapters-greylist.rules

What is the VID:PID of the USB device that MM should ignore?