Sierra Wireless EM7455

Ralph Plawetzki ralph at purejava.org
Fri Jun 3 11:53:35 UTC 2016

Hi again,

just for the record please find attached in short what goes wrong:
[EM7455 gets local IP] http://pastebin.com/K7j10Y64

I installed Arch linux from scratch again and even tried a different SIM
card with the same result. The modem can even receive text messages but
only gets a local IP and so it is not possible to connect to the internet.

My last try was to restrict the modem to 3g but that is not allowed.

[ralph at six ~]$ sudo mmcli -m 0 --set-preferred-mode=3g
--set-allowed-modes='3g|4g'
[sudo] Passwort für ralph:
error: couldn't set current modes:
'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unsupported:
Setting allowed modes not supported'
[ralph at six ~]$

Kind regards,
Ralph