Yet another EM7455 question

Joshua Deare josh at compose.io
Fri Jun 24 01:46:13 UTC 2016

The stack I used to get this working.
EM7455 on Lenovo x260 (USB ID 1199:9079)
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libqmi-qmi-over-mbim/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libmbim-qmi-over-mbim/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/modemmanager/
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/iproute2/

$ qmicli --device-open-mbim -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-set-fcc-authentication
$ mmcli -m 0 -e # not sure if this step is nescessary but I use it
$ mmcli -m 0 --create-bearer="apn=RESELLER,ip-type=ipv4v6,number=*99#"
$ mmcli -m 0 -b 0 -c

Sometimes I have to restart modemmanager after issuing the fcc-auth
setting. I assume this has to do with the --keep-open options.

After I get the bearer info I use a script to scrape the bearer
information from mmcli and configure the iface with iproute2. Note: I
MUST use the dns servers provided in the bearer information. I tried
to use Google DNS for the longest time without it working. So make
sure you add that to your /etc/resolv.conf