Yet another EM7455 question

Samo Ratnik samo.ratnik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 21:58:13 UTC 2016

So, no success on my end as well. Here's the report.

First of all, up until today, I had NetworkManager enabled. I've described
the problems here (and I was using Arch's stock libmbim, libqmi and
modemmanager at that point):
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1636411

Today, I disabled the NetworkManager. I also compiled the latest state in
"qmi-over-mbim" branches for all three libs locally (as already described
here: http://pastie.org/private/jdrdgnmzlfvsn2fv8mva). I thought since the
AUR packages that Joshua is mentioning were last updated on April 16th that
could make a difference (I've contacted the current AUR maintainer but
didn't heard back). But despite the disabled NetworkManager, I couldn't
start the ModemManager: http://pastie.org/private/cqaheh4qdftw9p1hlxjw. How
do I "register" the service if I compile it locally?

Then, I uninstalled (via `sudo make uninstall`) all three locally compiled
libs, installed the AUR packages and Arch's stock modemmanager. Now I'm
getting a "couldn't connect the bearer:
'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.libmbim.Error.Status.NotInitialized:
NotInitialized'" error when I try to connect the bearer and the modem:
http://pastie.org/private/7lbsbeiyde9th5yp2rnova.

Regards,
Samo

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:21 PM, George Tepnadze <george.tepnadze at gmail.com