Cinterion PLS8-X, udhcp fails

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Mar 17 14:00:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:24 PM, José <Joseddg92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are right, the beacon is using /dev/ttyACM0. Launching ppp the
> connection works just fine.

Except for the fact that you may not be getting full LTE datarates, if
you're doing LTE...

> Still, it would be nice if ModemManager could use the usbN network
> interfaces. Would a patch to the Cinterion plugin be complicated, or
> just issue some AT commands to configure the modem to use those
> network interfaces?

In the ModemManager side, it likely is very simple; just a new
MMBroadbandBearerCinterion object, as done in other plugins. But maybe
the network interface will require additional kernel updates as well,
that should be checked.

> I don't currently have the AT Command Set document, but I will try to get it.

Nice!