Strange behavior while creating SMS with non-ASCII chars with mmcli

João M. S. Silva joao.m.santos.silva at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:24:28 UTC 2016

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks. You were right :)

In my PHP pages I had to add:

   header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8");

Also, when calling the shell script (which invokes mmcli) I had to use:

   $env = array('LC_ALL' => 'en_US.UTF-8', 'LANG' => 'en_US.UTF-8');

The accented characters were being incorrectly created from the
beginning, although I was visualizing them correctly everywhere
(HTML/PHP, MySQL and shell script) except when they got to mmcli.

With these erroneous characters mmcli segfaults, but it's version 1.0.0,
which is outdated (Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS).

Best regards,
João M. S. Silva