Sierra Wireless EM7455

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri May 6 21:57:17 UTC 2016

Stefan Armbruster <ml001 at armbruster-it.de> writes:

> pkg-config --modversion mbim-glib returns 1.12.2.

So that explains the missing support.  The configure script should warn
about this...

> # find /usr -name "libmbim*.so"
> /usr/lib/libmbim-glib.so
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmbim-glib.so
>
> So my build from git gets installed to /usr/lib and the the one in
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ is from the Ubuntu packages archive.
>
> How to deal with that? I see generally 3 options:
> 1) get rid of installed ubuntu packages - but modemmanager depends on those
> 2) change precedence of /usr/lib over /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> 3) change ./configure in libmbim /libqmi build to overwrite the
> existing lib in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
>
> I guess 3 is the way to go. What options do I need to set on ./configure ?

Well, I usually build it as a Debian package.  But I guess something
like this should do:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --libexecdir=/usr/lib/libqmi --enable-mbim-qmux

Not sure about the libexecdir, though.  Does the Ubuntu package have
that there, with qmi-proxy in it?  It should probably be somewhere else
for multiarch support...  Anyway, put it where Ubuntu wants it.

Bjørn