Fallback MBIM on custom plugin

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 11 17:10:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Carlo Lobrano <c.lobrano at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a MBIM modem with GPS capabilities and my understanding is
> that, since there is no service to access GPS through MBIM protocol, for the
> gps APIs the ModemManager falls back to the generic broadband modem plugin.
> If this is correct, would it be possible to make it fall back on a custom
> plugin instead?

There actually are no generic implementation calls for GPS management
in the generic plugin, so your assumption is not right :)

I'd suggest you look at the Cinterion plugin, though. In there, the
QMI-based Cinterion modem object falls back to AT-based GPS management
which is specific to Cinterion, I guess very close to what you want to
achieve but with an MBIM-based modem.