Huawei ME906s: mbim transaction timeout

Andreas Fett andreas.fett at secunet.com
Mon Nov 14 14:06:32 UTC 2016

Hi list,

just to give you an update on this:
On 02/11/16 15:15, Andreas Fett wrote:
> for certain SIM cards (Vodafone Germany) and in certain Systems (ie.
> Lenovo t460s) ModemManager seems to have trouble detecting the modem.

Lenovo changed the modems firmware somewhere between
04/16 and 09/16 for T460s models. ModemManager 1.4.x would display the
described behavior with the newer firmware version.

The difference in versions is only detectable via AT commands (ie
AT^VERSION?) not via the version reported by mbim query-device-caps.

ModemManager 1.6.x however has no trouble dealing with either one
which is why I won't investigate this any further.

Andreas