Fwd: Cinterion plugin patch

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 02:47:53 UTC 2016

Code looks awesome (*¬*), so much to learn for me. A few comments which are
all trivial and really don't need to be included but in attempt to be as
detailed as you

>  * The PDP context mapping is as suggested by Cinterion, although it looks
> like
>  * this isn't strictly enforced by the modem; i.e. SWWAN could work fine
> with
>  * any PDP context vs SWWAN interface mapping.

It's really stupid but the reason for this mapping is for the PLS-X only,
specifically when using Verizon Wireless as a carrier. As I interpret it
this would also mean Verizon wouldn't be able to support dual SIM
connections either. When I get to the dual SIM patch I'll be sure to keep
it in mind but for now it's just an FYI.

  /* Map PDP context from the current Bearer. USB0 -> 3rd context, USB1 ->
1st context.
     * In Verizon Wireless networks PDP contexts with APN class 1, 2 and 4
are dedicated to specific profile settings
     * for LTE (see AT^SGAPN), meaning that <cid> 1, 2 and 4 are not
allowed to be used for DUN, WWAN (RmNet)
     * or IP service connections. */

    switch (ctx->step) {

>     case CONNECT_3GPP_CONTEXT_STEP_FIRST: {
>
>         MMBearerIpFamily ip_family;

Just curious why we moved this back to the 1st step? I thought you didn't
want to create MBearerIpConfig before knowing if the modem is connected?