Data ports and maximum number of bearers

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Sep 19 10:38:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Carlo Lobrano <c.lobrano at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question about the maximum number of bearers that can be created.
>
> My understanding is that this number is bind to the number of data ports and
> these have to be of NET type (like wwan). Is that correct?

I think it depends on what the modem supports. I've seen at least one
case where you can setup multiple bearers in a single WWAN, just by
issuing different connection requests to different APNs where you get
different IPs that should be set on the same WWAN. No plugin supports
that yet in MM, but it should be totally doable. Maybe, I don't
recall, there is a limit hardcoded in the generic code base that
limits the number of bearers to the number of wwans, but we should
likely let the plugins decide that limit.