MC7455 location support

Karoly Pados kp at tec4data.at
Thu Apr 13 09:41:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure the modem is not already in QMI mode? MM is clearly using QMI to communicate with it (and I can also use qmicli -p), and also below URL states that this modem is a QMI raw-ip only modem.

https://sigquit.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/modemmanager-in-openwrt-take-2

Though I also admit I am not 100% sure, because the protocol relations and communication possibilities with the modem are not yet clear to me (I am quite new to this topic).

Though I am a developer myself, I don't have much experience with different modems yet. So while I can gladly try to implement support for my modem's GNSS AT command set, it might end up being very model-specific. With some pointers though about which source files and APIs to start with (I don't have a clue yet about MM's code either), I might give it a go if you don't mind.

Regards,

Károly