MC7455 location support

Karoly Pados kp at tec4data.at
Sat Apr 15 11:27:42 UTC 2017

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, we have a 4-day holiday here and I spend less time at the computer.

>> But it does appear to support the LOC service (location) which is a
>> newer service that ModemManager (and libqmi) doesn't yet support. So I
>> think that's the current problem.
>
> Ouch :/ Patches welcome!! :)

I can look into it, given there is some description or specification of the loc service protocol I can use. Do you have any pointers? Unfortunately I don't think I can allow myself the time to do full reverse engineering of the modem communication, so some doc about the QMI messages for the loc service would be nice (I'm not even familiar with QMI itself).

LG,
Károly Pados

tec4data
finding of facts!
thoerl 35; 8621 thoerl; austria
mob +43 680 5577 310
uid atu44131505
mail kp at tec4data.at
http://www.tec4data.at

This email and any associated attachment are confidential.
Unless you belong to the specified recipients, immediately notify the sender.
The content may not be copied and given to third parties.