Sending SMS in PDU mode fails.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Aug 8 14:40:09 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 4:10 PM, José <Joseddg92 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Or maybe we can let each plugin take care of this: for Telit modems
>> probably we can think of checking some substring in the model name
>> (e.g. -SV or -NV). Maybe other modems have a similar rule or some
>> custom AT command that can be checked for that.
>>

> I am not following all the technical details of the thread, but if we
> assume3GPP2 for the Telit LE866-SV modem, would that be a correct
> patch for ModemManager ?

Not really, no. LTE is 3GPP, so the LE866-SV is 3GPP, regardless of
operator, we cannot change that or it wouldn't work in MM. What we
need is a way to "switch to 3GPP2 SMS messaging" in 3GPP-only modems,
either automagically (maybe flagging this specific modem to do so via
a udev tag) or via a user-requested option when creating the SMS.

> It is my understanding that this modem can only be used with Verizon SIM cards.

Is the modem locked to Verizon in any way?