Making disconnection more robust

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 11:05:36 UTC 2017

A couple more questions...

What should the code do if a return to AT command mode fails?  Currently
the code just continues to try and use a port which is still in data
mode - issuing AT commands on it...

In my case I'd like to be able to (as a last resort) power-cycle the
modem if it remains unresponsive.  Being able to do this is quite common
for embedded systems (and with most phones entering "aeroplane mode"
does that too).  One possible way to integrate that would be to allow an
external binary to be specified via a udev rule, does that sound reasonable?

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.