blacklisting the ttyUSB1 port and also errors in the log

lspwaterproofing lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 02:04:34 UTC 2017

I put the rule in
/lib/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rule

Yes I rebooted the router after making the change.
In the logs it shows modem manager has failed to connect to ttyUSB1 but I still can't use gcom correctly until modem manager is not connected.  Once modemmanager is disabled the ttyUSB1 works fine with gcom.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
-------- Original message --------From: Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> Date: 2/3/17  4:31 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Russ Westrem <lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> Cc: ModemManager <modemmanager-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> Subject: Re: blacklisting the ttyUSB1 port and also errors in the log
On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Russ Westrem
<lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> wrote:
> QUESTION #2
>
> Am i doing this right?  Im trying to blacklist the ttyUSB1 port so i can use
> at commands on my own while modemmanager makes the connection.  I want to be
> able to see more signal info and modem temp that MM isn't giving me.
>
> Ive tried all the following without the desired results.
>
>  ATTRS{idVendor}=="1199", ATTRS{idProduct}=="9071", ENV{.MM_USBIFNUM}=="1",
> ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"

That one looks right to me.

Do you reboot ModemManager after updating the rules file?

In which file (exact path and filename) are you adding the rule? The
rules file should be prefixed with 77-mm, 78-mm, 79-mm or 80-mm.