Sierra EM7455 - Couldn't check if unlock required: 'SIM not inserted'

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Feb 5 19:13:13 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Alex Pintilie <pintiliea81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have found a not elegant but working solution for my problem on this Lenovo T460s with Sierra EM7455 :
>
> The problem: Couldn't check if unlock required: 'SIM not inserted'
>

> The solution: Close the lid of the laptop. It will go in standby. Open the lid. Wait for the modem to reappear.

Oh, could it just be that the system needs time to settle down before
the SIM is actually detected by the modem? Does a plain restart of
ModemManager (instead of closing/opening the lid) also fix the issue?

> # mmcli -L
>
> Found 1 modems:
>     /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/1 [Sierra] MBIM [1199:9079]
>
> Notice that it's modem 1 now, not 0 !

That index change is normal; the system went into suspend mode and the
modem was re-probed from scratch when system resumed.