qmi-proxy Hangs When GPS Port Used (Was Re: Leveraging GPS in MC7700)

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Tue Feb 7 20:52:47 UTC 2017

Moving this to a separate thread. Maybe it should be moved to the
libqmi-devel list?

On 6 February 2017 at 11:54, Adam Sherman <adam at sherman.ca> wrote:

> On 2017-02-06 11:28 AM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> >> At some point after adding the rule change, qmi-proxy seems to peg one
> >> of my cores basically forever. Is there a log I could look at to
> >> troubleshoot this?
> > Can you try to manually run the qmi-proxy?
> >
> > $ sudo systemctl stop ModemManager
> > $ sudo killall qmi-proxy
> > $ sudo /usr/lib/libqmi/qmi-proxy --no-exit --verbose > /tmp/qmi-proxy.log
> 2>&1 &
> > $ sudo systemctl start ModemManager
> >
> > (and retry, log should have gone to /tmp/qmi-proxy.log)

I have yet to be able to reproduce this while manually running qmi-proxy,
but I'm convinced it occurs when something is reading NMEA strings from
/dev/ttyUSB1.

A.

--
Adam Sherman
Directeur des opérations, Sauvetage bénévole Outaouais