How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Russ Westrem lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:49:58 UTC 2017

I suppose this could be somehow edited into the
lib/netfid/proto/modemmanager.sh?

On Feb 7, 2017 2:25 PM, "Aleksander Morgado" <aleksander at aleksander.es>
wrote:

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Russ Westrem <lspwaterproofing at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Ping scripts which I'm not very fond of.  I dont want a ifup broadband
going
> for every time a low priority packet gets dropped.  Also it could take
> almost 10 to 15 seconds before a connection is reestablished.  If i can
> somehow just get the ifup broadband only when the following is logged it
> could be instantaneous.

That is something that can be definitely added; whenever ModemManager
detects a disconnection, we should notify that somehow so that it gets
autoconnected again. I guess the netifd protocol handler should do
that, just monitoring the bearer status for example.

Patches welcome ;)