Handling received SMS

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Fri Feb 10 14:40:58 UTC 2017

I'm digging into SMS reception, and trying understand how MM deals with it.

I can see that it/mmcli reads the messages when the modem is enabled. When a
new SMS is then received, I can see the modem sending a "+CIEV: message,1"
[but only the first time, if the first message isn't then read?].

I kind of expected/hoped MM would then fetch the message out and update its
internal list, but it doesn't seem to. Nor does mmcli have an option to
re-read SMS's from the modem?

Is there this facility in the library, if not in mmcli, and/or am I missing
something?