How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Russ Westrem lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:08:56 UTC 2017

On Feb 10, 2017 3:24 PM, "Bjørn Mork" <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> You're getting error 0x24 (dec 36), and according to 3GPP 24008 that is:
>
> Cause value = 36 Regular deactivation

Oh, I didn't fint that.  I guess this is in some other table there?

I'm glad I don't have to navigate these standards....

Bjørn

OK.  I think we're getting to the bottom of this.  For some reason if I
drop the connection for any reason the mc7455 tries to re-authenticate my
connection.  I am not authorized to use this device from Sprint so the work
around is using it in generic mode and this works as long as a
reauthorization doesn't try to go through.  Its all making sense now.

That's why after the first drop it would consistently drop after that.  It
looks like a at!reset is needed for a dropped conection instead of an ifup
broadband.  Unless I can figure out how to make the mc7455 try to
reauthorization in generic mode again.