How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Russ Westrem lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:00:16 UTC 2017

On Feb 10, 2017 4:40 PM, "Aleksander Morgado" <aleksander at aleksander.es>
wrote:

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 11:37 PM, Russ Westrem
<lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> wrote:
> And generic firmware on the mc7455 is what I'm referring to.

Oh, so with the Generic firmware you do get a good persistent
connection but not with the Sprint firnmware?

Sprint firmware is unusable on the mc7455  on any system.  Generic firmware
is the only one that works with sprint when not authorized by sprint.

I'm using generic firmware.   Its just a little known loophole that works.
The problem is its not working with modem manager for some reason after an
ifup broadband.  It will work for hours but then if a connection drops and
you need to ifup, I start getting the error you saw.