OpenWRT - MC7455 (MBIM) not working as expected.

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jan 24 13:12:05 UTC 2017

Mark Wahlert <mark.wahlert at gmail.com> writes:

> I've built OpenWrt from trunk so I'm not sure that 4.4.16 is an
> option?  You guys would know better than me.

OpenWrt isn't very up-to-date at the momemt.  You'll have to change the
kernel version yourself, or use LEDE.

> In MBIM wwan gets an IP (from a completely different subnet than when
> in QMI mode), but I'm unable to reach the internet.

Maybe you are using different APNs in MBIM and QMI mode?  This could
easily happen if you depend on defaults in either mode.  You should
always explicitly name the APN you want to connect to.

Bjørn