Fetching signal quality during data connection?

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Thu Jan 26 15:58:52 UTC 2017

Odd though that the signal quality doesn't work again until I '--disconnect'. Testing from a terminal app it seemed to re-respond to this as soon as the timeout/'NO CARRIER' occurs. It may be that MM is sending some other config commands that I hadn't done in my simple experiment?

(Another thing I've noticed: the '--disconnect' appears to close the tty before re-opening and carrying on. I expected that only a '--disable' would do this. I can detect this because my mux driver, when no ports are open anymore, powers down the modem. Hence any volatile config MM thinks it has done might actually have been lost? Not sure whether this might cause other problems later...)