Huawei ME906s-158 (a.k.a. HP lt4132) IPv6 support

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jul 5 08:31:23 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
> The ModemManager sources contain a tool called "ipv6pref"[3] which I
> believe to be my last resort. I haven't been able to make it work,
> though, so I'm turning to this list for some pointers. My (initial)
> questions are the following:
>
> * It is supposed to be used with a "DM port". Is that a /dev/ttyUSB* or
> /dev/cdc-wdm0 or something else?
>
> * Does the tool require the modem to be in a particular configuration?
> It has three different configurations; 1 is a vendor specific interface
> class where I think is meant to be used as a serial modem with PPP (MM
> recognises it in this mode), 2 is ECM mode and also the default (MM does
> not recognise it in this mode), 3 is MBIM mode in which MM also
> recognises it.

The "DM" port is a QCDM capable ttyUSBX. If you want to know which one
it is, run under ModemManager, and check which of the ports is flagged
as "qcdm" in the list of ports shown in "mmcli -m 0" output; then stop
ModemManager and you can run that tool on the tty directly (Dan should
have more details about what the tool does, I really never played with
it).