Misleading message if SIM Hot swap configuration fails

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Jul 6 16:44:57 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Carlo Lobrano <c.lobrano at gmail.com> wrote:
> looking at sim hot swap code, I noticed that even if sim swap configuration
> fails at some point (in core or in the modem), we still print the message
> "SIM is missing, but the modem supports SIM hot swap. Waiting for SIM...",
> which is kind of misleading in that case.
>
> I'm working on a patch and wondering whether there is any mechanism to
> notify errors from iface-modem to broadband-modem, to not only notify the
> right message but to prevent opening the dedicated ports.

If I understand you correctly, you wouldn't want to issue that message
or process the extra open ports context if the modem does support
hot-swap BUT hot-swap configuration failed, right? I guess we could
have a new property in addition to
MM_IFACE_MODEM_SIM_HOT_SWAP_SUPPORTED, something like
MM_IFACE_MODEM_SIM_HOT_SWAP_READY which would be set by mm-iface-modem
to TRUE only of setup_sim_hot_swap_finish() succeeded.

What do you think?