problem with dell latitude

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Jul 18 15:22:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Bartłomiej Knabel
<bartlomiej.knabel at gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe my compilator uses some different version of libqmi? How can I check
> if I'm using valid version for compilation?

>> I've compiled is as above and nothing new is printed in output.
>>
>> here You have config report:
>>
>> # ./configure --prefix=/usr | grep qmi
>> configure: WARNING:
>>   You will not be able to create source packages with 'make dist'
>>   because gtk-doc >= 1.0 is not found.
>> checking for qmi-glib >= 1.16.0... yes
>>       qmi support:             yes

>> <bartlomiej.knabel at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> How this piece of source code should look like?
>>>
>>> static void
>>> power_up_context_step (PowerUpContext *ctx)
>>> {
>>>     switch (ctx->step) {
>>>     case POWER_UP_CONTEXT_STEP_FIRST:
>>>         set_radio_state_up (ctx);
>>>         return;
>>>
>>> #if defined WITH_QMI && QMI_MBIM_QMUX_SUPPORTED
>>> # error if this fails, were good
>>>
>>>     case POWER_UP_CONTEXT_STEP_QMI_DEVICE_NEW:
>>>         set_radio_state_qmi_device_new (ctx);
>>>         return;
>>>
>>>     case POWER_UP_CONTEXT_STEP_QMI_DEVICE_OPEN:
>>>         set_radio_state_qmi_device_open (ctx);
>>>         return;

Ok, if that didn't fail, it means that either WITH_QMI wasn't defined,
or that QMI_MBIM_QMUX_SUPPORTED is 0.
If you run "make V=s" you'll get the verbose output during
compilation, and you'll be able to see which include paths were being
used during the build.

This is the output you should have seen:

mm-broadband-modem-mbim.c:1265:3: error: #error if this fails, we're good
 # error if this fails, we're good
   ^~~~~