Parallel enables occurring (when SIM PIN enabled)

Colin Helliwell colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Wed Jul 19 06:42:21 UTC 2017

> On 26 April 2017 at 17:48 Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > Patch was more for confirmation/debugging than intended for commit. We
> > can plug this particular hole with patches like that, but probably want
> > to figure out a more general strategy. That said, I think this the
> > most likely case we'd encounter.
>
> Also probably the easiest case to handle; queuing multiple Enable()
> requests so that only the first request does the logic and the
> remaining ones just wait for the first one to finish, is something we
> can definitely do. This could also apply to the disable phase, or the
> simple.disconnect, or the bearer.connect/bearer.disconnect phases.
>
> Whenever there are specific settings requested for a given action,
> though, (e.g. simple.connect) we should force to have a single
> operation running always, and error out right away without waiting for
> any final state (unless we also want to compare the settings and queue
> the new request if the settings are the same one as the original one).

I'm needing to revisit this patch I've been using for this issue, in light of 'recent' changes to the 'EnablingContext' structure [is 'state' -> 'previous_state' *just* a simple renaming of the member?].
But I wondered whether anything had been re-structured elsewhere which ought to address the problem anyway?