Setup MC7455 connection to internet with modem manager

Nassim Dahmani nassim at interactive-mobility.com
Mon Jun 12 12:37:08 UTC 2017

The main problem is I can't use network manager because in my box I have an
AP setup with hostapd which can't work with NM
I'll try in order to see if the problem comes from the soft

Yes I triggered the connection manually with --simple-connect

With NM i tried:

~$ nmcli d
PÉRIPHÉRIQUE     TYPE      ÉTAT        CONNEXION
wlp2s0           wifi      déconnecté  --
wlp3s0           wifi      déconnecté  --
enp0s31f6        ethernet  non-géré    --
enx00e01e700116  ethernet  non-géré    --
cdc-wdm1         gsm       non-géré    --
lo               loopback  non-géré    --

~$ sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/MyModem

[connection]
id=MyMU
type=gsm
autoconnect=false

[ipv4]
method=auto

[gsm]
number=*99#
#username=blahblah
#password=blehbleh
pin=0000
apn=mmsbouygtel.com
[serial]
baud=115200

~$ sudo nmcli connection up id "MyMU" Office ifname cdc-wdm1
Paramètre inconnu : Office
Erreur : l'activation de la connexion a échoué : Connection 'MyMU' is not
available on the device cdc-wdm1 at this time.

The connection is well started

~$ nmcli connection show
NOM   UUID                                  TYPE  PÉRIPHÉRIQUE
MyMU  aa42f62d-7efe-3b25-81ef-d5b5f5dee1f7  gsm   --

thank you for your help and sorry if I ask dummy questions
Regards