Telit HE910 not connecting with Modem Manager 1.6.4

Reinhard Speyerer rspmn at arcor.de
Mon Mar 13 21:42:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 03:48:51PM +0000, Carlo Lobrano wrote:
> Hi Salvador,
>
> I'll look into this CSIM lock thing, but with a newer FW version I'm
> actually getting responses to CSIM and the next messages (see logs below).

Hi Carlo,

I performed some manual testing with a HE910-G running firmware 12.00.008
and a o2 DE SIM (not USIM) today and while the mobile always responds to
AT+CSIM the second AT+CSIM takes much longer before returning the response:

  at+cpin="xxxx"
  OK
  # first AT+CSIM completes in less than 0.5 seconds
  AT+CSIM=10,0020000100
  +CSIM: 4,"6E00"
  OK
  # second AT+CSIM completes in about 8 seconds
  AT+CSIM=10,0020000100
  +CSIM: 4,"6E00"
  OK
  +PACSP1

Perhaps it might help to increase the corresponding timeout for this step
and only use AT+CSIM if the mobile firmware does not support AT+CPINR.
AT+CPINR also returns the correct status for a SIM (which the AT+CSIM
method currently doesn't):

  at+cpinr="SIM*"
  +CPINR: SIM PIN,3,3
  +CPINR: SIM PUK,10,10