Own number

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Mar 17 14:14:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM,  <colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com> wrote:
> Is there anything in MM which attempts to fetch the modem’s own phone
> number?  I see a line for it in ‘mmcli –m 0’, but unsure where it
> could/would/might obtain this (seems to be somewhere in the ‘libmm’ stuff?).

The default logic to try to read it is in the generic modem
implementation (although it may be subclassed by other
implementations):
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/mm-broadband-modem.c#n1160

Then exposed in DBus in the OwnNumbers property in the Modem interface:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/api/latest/gdbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.html#gdbus-property-org-freedesktop-ModemManager1-Modem.OwnNumbers

And then you can read them via DBus using libmm-glib:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/libmm-glib/latest/MMModem.html#mm-modem-get-own-numbers