huawei E3372h (megafon) uses ppp instead of wwan

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Mar 21 19:32:29 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> wrote:
> I reflashed a Telekom Speedstick V (E3372h) with the firmware from megafon.
>
> Under Windows 10 this has the effect, that the stick is running dualstack.
>
> This is also possible under linux, but only manually:
>
> echo -ne '\r\nAT^NDISDUP=1,1,"internet.telekom"\r\n' > /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> With ModemManager only a ppp and IPv4-only connection is established.
>
> Any ideas to convince mm to use wwan?

Hah, yeah. I'm discussing with Huawei devs about this actually. Same
thing happened in a E3372h from Airtel India.

You can convince MM to use the WWAN with a udev rule like this:

# Airtel branded E3372h-607, using huawei-cdc-ncm driver but with
unresponsive cdc-wdm port
ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1506",
ENV{ID_MM_HUAWEI_NDISDUP_SUPPORTED}="1"

I don't think this is a general solution, though, because that vid:pid
is not just for this specific kind of firmware, but it's a start.