huawei E3372h (megafon) uses ppp instead of wwan

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Mar 22 08:33:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> wrote:
>> You can convince MM to use the WWAN with a udev rule like this:
>>
>> # Airtel branded E3372h-607, using huawei-cdc-ncm driver but with
>> unresponsive cdc-wdm port
>> ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1506",
>> ENV{ID_MM_HUAWEI_NDISDUP_SUPPORTED}="1"
>>
>> I don't think this is a general solution, though, because that vid:pid
>> is not just for this specific kind of firmware, but it's a start.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> That worked, with improved IPv4 performance(the upload was bad before) but
> still without IPv6.

Great!

Is the firmware you flashed network-locked? If it isn't, could you
point me to it? The only way I can test this modem right now is
pinging some people in India to give me SSH access to a box there; but
I do have a E3372h myself that I wouldn't mind to reflash if it allows
me to run connections...