LibMM-Glib Ansi C Example

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 23 17:49:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-03-23 at 18:17 +0100, Francesco Andrisani wrote:
> Hi,
> please can someone help me to find some examples for use libmm-glib
> into my
> C application?
> I want:
> - start a modem connection (with ppp interface)

Note that most modems do not use PPP these days.  But if yours does,
that's fine.  You can use "pon" and "poff" provided by ppp to manage
the connection if you like, or run pppd directly.

I saw your note to the NetworkManager list too; if you are using
NetworkManager then you don't need to talk to ModemManager for
connection start/stop; NM will do all that for you.  You would need to
watch MM for signal strength and such though.

Dan