Passing Operator to NetworkManager

colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Mon May 8 09:17:32 UTC 2017

I'm hooking together ModemManager and NetworkManager (without systemd) and
would like to grab the Operator determined by MM when it enables the modem
and use it to set the apn setting in the NM connection. Basically - the NM
setting needs to get configured automatically based on the SIM that's
present.
Is it possible to get a point in the interractions between the two where
this can be done, or has, e.g. NM already parsed the connection settings by
the time the modem registers?
(To cater for the case of the registration failing, I guess I could pull the
info from the SIM instead).
And is there some sort of pre/post 'hook' which could be used to fire off a
script?