Translating AT commands to ModemManager commands?

Einar Jón tolvupostur at gmail.com
Wed May 17 08:27:56 UTC 2017

Hi

I have a problem with our modems.
We are trying to move from simple AT commands to using ModemManager in
python, but we still have some connectivity tests that are only done
with AT commands.

I have been trying to search for the commands available on the DBus
interface using the mmcli with introspection in python.
I would like to replace these with something like:
MODEM_IFACE='org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem'
value = self.modemProxy.Get(MODEM_IFACE, 'PowerState',
dbus_interface=PROPERTIES_IFACE)
logging.debug('PowerState: ' + str(value))

Using these values.
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/api/1.0.0/gdbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.html

Are the rest of the commands (or equivalent commans) avaliable?

Commands used:
# Testing that the modem is alive
AT            -> easy
# Testing that the SIM is not locked