ModemManager will not start on raspberry pi jessie lite

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed May 17 21:19:40 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 22:53 +0200, marcel wrote:
> Well as it might get a multiple-user system I would like to get the
> PolicyKit working.
>
> But I also tried
>
>      $ mmcli -m 0 --with-polkit=no
> --simple-connect=apn=m2mdetrial.telefonica.com|operator-id=26203

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The --with-polkit is a ModemManager build-
time option, not a runtime one for mmcli.

So when you are compiling the ModemManager package, you'd pass "--with-
polkit=no" to the 'configure' script.

If your distro has provided you with pre-built packages and you can't
change them, then you should install the "PolicyKit" or "polkit"
package.  That should satisfy the dependency.

Dan