AT send delay set to 0 in port probings

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue May 23 18:52:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Brent Sink <brents_3 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Which branch should I be applying the patch to?  If I apply the first patch
> to the master branch and build, it does compile, but when I run I get a
> segmentation fault.  If I undo the patch and run again I don't receive the
> segmentation fault.  It seems to be related to the first patch for some
> reason... any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

The patches should go on top of git master; not really sure what's
happening to you. Can you run it under gdb and get a backtrace?

E.g.:

Compile and install with:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var CFLAGS="-ggdb -O0"
$ make
$ sudo make install

Then,
$ gdb --args /usr/sbin/ModemManager --debug

P.S.: did you by any chance configure previously without a --prefix
given? If so, you may have installed in /usr/local and you don't want
that (especially if /usr/local/bin is in the PATH but /usr/local/lib
isn't in the library load paths, as in e.g. Ubuntu IIRC). If that was
the case, re-configure without a prefix, do a "make" and "sudo make
install" and right away run "sudo make uninstall" (this would cleanup
everything that was installed). Then re-configure with the steps above
with --prefix=/usr.