cinterion: modification to fetching unlock retries

Colin Helliwell colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Mon Oct 9 09:03:14 UTC 2017

> On 14 April 2017 at 13:57 Colin Helliwell <colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> Some Cinterion modems support AT^SPIC to fetch the 'unlock retries', but
> some don't. Another method possibly available is to used AT+CSIM (as per
> Telit plugin).
> This aims to allow either method to be tried - if the first step of the
> first method fails (e.g. SPIC not supported), then try again using the
> alternate.
> I did wonder about a single array of commands but that would have meant
> hard-coding in a 'goto' to get from A to B, hence prone to future changes
> breaking it.
>
> Bit more checking required yet, but at first glance it looks like basically
> works.
> I'm not sending this as a patch here, but just to get views on (or
> objections to!) the general approach.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/modemmanager-devel/2017-April/004550.html

Hi, I just wondered if there was any appetite for re-visiting this issue. The latest 'GTask' rework to the plugin means I'll need to redo accordingly the patch I've been using - but thought I'd enquire before embarking on that.