InvalidTransition after flashing firmware

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Sep 14 06:44:17 UTC 2017

Nathaniel Haggard <natester at gmail.com> writes:

> After doing something like qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
> --dms-select-stored-image=modem1,pri1
>
> I set the modem as offline, then reset, and then rebooted the host system.
> When it booted again MC7455 connected to tmobile, and

Great!

> I guess select-stored-image is the last step when flashing new firmware, or
> is there a way to avoid that step?  Help doesn't mention it
> (qmi-firmware-update -H), so I'm curious.

It's not normally necessary.  But it is the easiest way to fix up this
kind of problem, so I guess it could be mentioned as a hint if something
goes wrong.

>> root at LEDE:~#  qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-firmware-preference
>> firmware preference successfully retrieved:
>> [image 0]
>> Image type: 'modem'
>> Unique ID:  '002.026_000'
>> Build ID:   '"02.24.05.06_GENERIC'
>> [image 1]
>> Image type: 'pri'
>> Unique ID:  '002.026_000'
>> Build ID:   '"02.24.05.06_GENERIC'

This did look fine on the first glance, but I believe there is an
unwanted " in those Build IDs. Which would explain the problem. Typo
while upgrading, or bug somewhere?  In any case, we should probably see
if we can avoid such problems... I'm sure patches are welcome :-)

Just for completeness, what does this command show now that the modem
works?

Bjørn