[review] https://github.com/cbchan/ModemManager/tree/sim-mbim-unlock-retries

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Mon Sep 18 16:13:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

>> I overlooked one thing when I revised the patches based on Dan's
>> suggestion,  and also missed that in my testing :-(
>>
>> MMSimMbim:update_modem_unlock_retries() calls
>> mm_iface_modem_update_unlock_retries() to report remaining attempts
>> PIN1.  That won't affect MMBroadbandModemMbimPriv::sim_pin_retries. My
>> original approach was to handle all MMUnlockRetries updates via
>> MMIfaceModem.
>>
>> If we prefer caching PIN1 retries in MMBroadbandModemMbim,
>> MMBroadbandModemMbim needs to provide a method (e.g.
>> mm_broadband_modem_mbm_set_sim_pin_retries) for MMSimMbim to propagate
>> the information.  Would you prefer that or should I go back to my
>> original approach?
>>

> Probably better to go with the old approach I think; I wouldn't like
> MMIfaceModem code to call MMBroadbandModemMbim APIs.

Uploaded two patches that change the code to use the original
approach.  Dan, let me know if you've any concern or would like to
propose a different approach. I can adjust the patches accordingly.
Aleksander, I've done some basic tests on my SIMs.  Thanks.