Telit CE910D OMA-DM issues and cert testing using ModemManager

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Sep 19 16:53:32 UTC 2017

> Interesting, in the testing lab they noticed that they only saw this being a
> problem when ModemManager was running. But if your telling me that it’s
> related to the modules firmware... Can you think of anything in Modem
> Manager that could be conflicting with the carrier messages going to the
> module?

The only thing I can think of is that ModemManager actually consumes
the AT unsolicited messages it receives in the TTYs. Maybe the module
is sending these messages and expecting something else to happen? No
idea.

Maybe getting debug logs of MM while reproducing the issues may give
us more hints:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/