[RFC] Deprecate SubscriptionState?

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Tue Aug 7 15:25:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 7:22 AM Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 01:07 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Why raw PCO data in hex string? Why not directly the binary data?
> > e.g.
> > "ay" instead of "s". The signature could be then "a(iay)"
>
> Yeah I'd vote for byte array eg "a(iay)" (eg array of struct of integer
> + byte array).

Sounds good. We will need to indicate whether the received PCO is
partial or complete, so I'll go with something like an array of struct
of (uint32 + boolean + byte array),  i.e. a(ubay).

I'm planning to do the following:
1. introduce the new Pco property under Modem3gpp interface
2. set it up for modems supporting MBIM_CID_PCO
3. migrate the altair-lte plugin to use the Pco property
4. migrate Chromium OS to use the Pco property instead of the
SubscriptionState property
5. remove the SubscriptionState property from Modem3gpp -- this is an
MM API break, so a version bump will be needed

Does that sound like a plan?