[review v2] Voice implementation fixes (with audio channel setup handlers)

Bob Ham bob.ham at puri.sm
Thu Aug 16 16:30:19 UTC 2018

On 10/08/18 14:31, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> The Huawei USB dongles that support voice require a command
> (AT^DDSETEX=2) to be executed when the call is established, and also
> need to report which port is being used for audio. In order to support
> that, instead of subclassing all start/accept/hangup methods, I
> extended the MMBaseCall class with two new handlers that allow setting
> up and cleaning up the audio channel however the plugin needs it. Bob,
> you could use these two methods for the custom AT commands you require
> for the SIMCom implementation, right?

Possibly, yes.  The SimTech (== SIMCom) plugin is using the
MMBroadbandModemQmi class which means I either need to (1) subclass
MMBroadbandModemQmi and mix in AT commands, or (2) use the plugin's
AT-only MBroadbandModemSimtech class and add to it.  I'd rather stick
with QMI but I don't know how well the modem will cope with it so I need
to experiment.

> Dan's original changes also include support for reporting which port
> and which audio format to use in the call, so plugins may use that to
> report to upper layers that required information. Instead of updating
> that information within the Huawei implementation, that is now managed
> by the base call object.

My intention was to handle the audio completely outside of ModemManager.
 Out of interest, what upper layers make use of this information?

Cheers,

Bob