Planning for MM 1.10

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Dec 4 10:50:55 UTC 2018

Hey Dan and all,

I've been asked whether we can have MM 1.10 soon, to get it integrated
in Debian early enough and ready for Ubuntu 19.04. Canonical may even
work on backporting this version to the 18.04 LTS. I've always
complained about Ubuntu having very old MM versions (which is why I
kept doing the PPAs), so I'm personally happy if all this happens.

So, I'd like to suggest we have MM 1.10 released by the end of this
year, and for that we could have the list of features closed earlier,
e.g. mid-December. What do you all think?

In my pending list of things I still have two additional features I'd
like to suggest, although maybe it's too late? I believe I can work on
these in the next weeks and probably ready by mid-December.
 * New APIs to integrate with fwupd
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/issues/95)
 * New APIs to report multiple detected SIM cards and to switch SIM
from one to another (dual SIM single active), implemented for
QMI-capable modems with the UIM service.

Comments? Suggestions?