OpenWRT Sierra EM7455 drops connection while driving

Peter Krause peter at uringme.com
Wed Dec 19 14:52:06 UTC 2018

I added the line with otasn, and it actually worked a lot better!  Thank you for that tip!  I made several tower handoffs with no drop in connection.  However, when I traveled through a low signal area, the connection dropped and MM never tried to connect again.  If I did a: "ifup wwan", MM came back with a new bearer (the bearer number increased) and I got my connection back, but with a new IP address.
Is there a way to force MM to try to connect again if it drops from Connected back to Registered?